Greater Rochester Iris Society, an affiliate of the American Iris Society
Contact and Links
Calendar for 2017
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Classes at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County
In case you are not aware, the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County offers many classes for gardeners. 2014 classes are listed below.
Click here for registration information
All classes are Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 at the CCE building, 249 Highland Ave.
Reservations are requested. Fee is $10 per session. Call 461-1000 x 225 to reserve your place.
February 20 – How to create your own Fairy Garden
– Heather Genrich of Genrich Garden Center. Learn the techniques and tips from an expert!
March 20 – Starting plants from Seeds
– Anne Johnston, Master Gardener. Anne will share the secrets of her success in starting plants for her garden right at home.
April 17 – Vegetable Gardening 101
- Sharon Rosenblum, Master Gardener. From the soil to site to selection, Sharon will help you plan your garden for maximum success.
May 15 – Care of spring flowering shrubs
– CCE Staff and Master Gardeners. When to prune those Lilacs? How about Forsythia? Timing is everything! Come and learn how best to care for your shrubs.
June 19 – Lawn Care for beginners
– Walter Nelson, Program Leader for CCE Monroe County Horticulture Program. Walt will help you understand what you do and do not need to do to have a great lawn.
July 17 – Invasive Species
- Gregory Sargis, The Nature Conservancy. Come and learn which species are a problem, how to recognize them and how to help eliminate them from your landscape.
August 14 – Shade Gardening -
Laurie Burtner, Master Gardener. Laurie has extensive experience with shade gardens and will share her tips and techniques to help you have a beautiful shade garden.
September 18 – Home Composting
– Tom Martin, Master Gardener. Tom is an experienced composter who will open your eyes to the possibilities in your own back yard!
October 16 – Planning your spring garden
– Grace Canham, Master Gardener. Grace will show you how to plan your gardens and plant your spring bulbs for maximum enjoyment!
November 13 – Holiday decorations with natural materials
– Terry Giacoman, Master Gardener.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)